Aaaageees ago you may remember that I ask for you to nominate this blog and the Thriveabetes blog for an Irish Blog Award. Well, guess what!!!! We all made the long list!!! Both Thriveabetes and Blood Sugar Trampoline are in the Best Health & Wellbeing Blog category. And Blood Sugar Trampoline is also in the Best Blog Post category. I'm afraid I could not pick from all the amazing blog posts from all of you to nominate one for Thriveabetes.
So what's next in this award process.
Well, now I have to wait and see if we make it onto the short list and the judging criteria for this is;
- Is the blog regularly updated (at least once a month on average)? Yes
- Does the design support or interfere with the reading experience? Yes & No, I think?
- Is the blogger passionate about and knowledgeable about the subject? YES! YES!!!! and YES!
- How easy is the blog to navigate? Uuumm yees?
- Is the blog responsive to PC, mobile and tablet browsing? Yes
If we make the short list the next stage will be some of the dreaded Public Voting. And I suck at it!!!
"The shortlisted blogs will be opened up to a Public Vote so the more you promote your entry the better. The Public Vote is worth 20% of the overall mark (the other 80% is decided by our judging panel). To help you out we will send you “vote now” buttons which you can use on your blog and social media." from the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards webpage.
While awards don't make the blog it would be nice to create more awareness of diabetes and the support available for people living with diabetes. You can never have enough awareness, and that is for sure.